Official OFSTED Inspection Report
I am delighted to be able to share with you the report from our recent OFSTED inspection. The report confirms that Warblington remains a ‘Good’ school in every category and that ‘pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding’.
Please click here to view the full report.
At the heart of our school community are the students. In Warblington School there is a climate of aspiration and mutual respect and a caring, nurturing, inclusive environment, where everyone is treated as an individual; is listened to and encouraged to learn and develop; has high standards; a strong sense of achievement; and pride in the school.
Our aims are to:
- Deliver consistently high quality teaching and learning which enthuses and inspires children and puts their needs at the centre of everything that we do.
- Motivate children to love learning, model lifelong learning and have a passion to learn more.
- Inspire all of our children to dream big, extending their horizons beyond their expectations.
- Encourage every child to feel special in a safe, happy and caring environment in which both staff and children feel valued.
- Have high expectations of our children based on good manners, mutual respect and knowing the difference between right and wrong.
- Deliver inspirational leadership which fosters a passion for learning in children and staff through both support and challenge.
- Value the significant contribution that all parents have in the life of our school and listen to their views with respect and consideration.
- Work as a Team with all of our stakeholders with the shared aim of ensuring that the opportunities which our children are provided with are of the highest quality.
Sex and Relationship Education (RSE)
Warblington School has developed the SRE programme to meet DfE guidance. We have worked to ensure that the enrichment curriculum establishes:-
‘Lifelong learning about physical, moral and emotional development. It is about the understanding of the importance of marriage for family life, stable and loving relationships, respect, love and care. It is also about the teaching of sex, sexuality, and sexual health. It is not about the promotion of sexual orientation or sexual activity – this would be inappropriate teaching.’ (DfE Guidance 0116/2000)
At Warblington School, the aims of SRE in this school are:
· To enable our students to better understand the nature of human relationships;
· To enable students to see the importance of marriage and stable loving relationships for the bringing up of children;
· To prepare students for the changes that occur to their bodies, minds and emotions as a consequence of growth from childhood to adulthood.
The school recognises that SRE is a moral issue in its own right. As part of the whole curriculum the school seeks to explore issues of right and wrong, alongside those of respect. The school recognises that SRE is fraught with certain difficulties and whilst it acknowledges different life style choices it promotes a view that stable loving relationships are the best context for sexual relationships and the bringing-up of children.
Click here to view the RSE Secondary Expectations